ENERGY STAR Appliances
Washington Electric Cooperative offers rebates to cooperative members who replace their existing refrigerators or stand-alone freezers with a new ENERGY STAR®-listed appliance. Members must purchase new ENERGY STAR-labeled appliance after July 1, 2019. The existing appliance must be removed/recycled.
- Appliances must be installed in a residence (no commercial or industrial buildings) receiving electricity from Washington Electric Cooperative.
- Appliances must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
- Rebates are paid to the cooperative member-consumer who owns the residence. Rebates cannot be paid to a builder/dealer.
- Member must provide ENERGY STAR and appliance size documentation.
- Member must provide documentation that the existing appliances have been removed or recycled.
- Refrigerators and freezers placed in newly constructed residences do not qualify.
Washington Electric’s appliance rebate on refrigerators & freezers is limited. Offer expires when funds are depleted on a first come, first served basis, or when the program is discontinued. New construction does not qualify. Please call Washington Electric prior to purchasing your refrigerator or freezer to determine rebate availability.