Communications Summer Intern (Paid): Washington Electric Cooperative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces local editorial content for Ohio Cooperative Living magazine
- Provides management support for corporate social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Produces social media content
- Identifies opportunities for Washington Electric to enhance social media outreach, especially to younger audiences.
- Assists with production and distribution of e-newsletters and website content management
- Assists with general corporate communications functions as needed
Education: Preference will be given to college/university sophomore, junior, or senior year student who is enrolled and majoring in a communications-related field. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Experience: Superior writing and editing skills are required. Photography and graphic design (Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud suite) skills are a plus. Experience managing social media for a business, organization, or extracurricular club desired. Candidates must submit samples of social media content they have produced and three writing samples.
Abilities & Skills
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to adapt to an active environment; multi-tasking is often required. Must be organized and self-motivated. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to quickly learn new tasks and pay attention to detail. Readiness to help when and where needed. Ability to work up to 30 hours per week during the summer.
To apply, please send resume and writing and social media samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until April 16, 2021.