Washington Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustees met in regular session on April 22 at the co-op’s office in Marietta. The following items were discussed:
- The cooperative’s capital credits estate retirements, monthly safety report, and new member list were reviewed and approved.
- Director of Finance and Administration BJ Allen presented the January and February 2021 financial reports, which were approved.
- General Manager Jeff Triplett provided reports on the engineering and operations departments, virtual training opportunities, Covid-19 impacts and actions, and progress on the co-op’s annual goals and initiatives.
- Board members approved revisions to Policy 701: Load Management Services and Programs, eliminating the dual fuel add-on heat pump program. The board also voted to establish a $3 monthly credit for members who allow the installation of a load management switch on their whole-house air conditioner, heat pump, or geothermal system.
- Director of Marketing and Member Services Jennifer Greene reported on the activities of the marketing and member services departments.
- Information Technology Specialist Allen Casto spoke about the co-op’s information technology and metering project, and reported that the recent meter upgrade project is nearly complete.
- Director of Safety and Compliance Josh Jump reviewed the co-op’s safety activities.
- Board members watched a video discussion on the use of executive sessions at board meetings. The video is part of an educational board governance series provided by the National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association.
Washington Electric Cooperative is democratically controlled and governed by local people committed to policies that result in a safe and reliable electric system, fair rates, financial responsibility, and superior member service.