Washington Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustees met in regular session on Dec. 21 at the co-op’s office in Marietta. The following items were discussed:
- The cooperative’s capital credits estate retirements, monthly safety report, and new member list were reviewed and approved.
- Director of Finance and Administration BJ Allen presented the October 2020 financial report, which was approved.
- Board members approved the 2021 operating and capital budgets.
- General Manager Jeff Triplett provided reports on the engineering and operations departments, virtual training opportunities, Covid-19 impacts and actions, and progress on the co-op’s annual goals and initiatives. He also presented a summary of the co-op’s wholesale power demand costs.
- Board members approved updates to the co-op’s right-of-way policy.
- Director of Marketing and Member Services Jennifer Greene reported on the activities of the marketing and member services departments.
- Information Technology Specialist Allen Casto provided a report on the co-op’s information technology and metering projects.
- Director of Safety and Compliance Josh Jump reviewed the co-op’s safety activities, including safety committee meetings, crew observations, and upcoming meetings.
- Board members watched a video discussion on trustee fiduciary responsibilities. The video is part of an educational board governance series provided by the National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association.
Washington Electric Cooperative is democratically controlled and governed by local people committed to policies that result in a safe and reliable electric system, fair rates, financial responsibility, and superior member service.
Full board meeting minutes are available upon request.