Board meeting highlights
Washington Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustees met June 25 at the co-op’s office in Marietta. The following items were discussed:
- The cooperative’s capital credits estate retirements, monthly safety report, and new member list were reviewed and approved.
- Director of Finance and Administration BJ Allen presented the April 2020 financial report, which was approved.
- General Manager Jeff Triplett provided reports on the engineering and operations departments, virtual training opportunities, Covid-19 impacts and actions, and progress on the co-op’s annual goals and initiatives.
- Director of Marketing and Member Services Jennifer Greene provided an update the affect the corona virus has had on the cooperative’s billing department. She reported that many community activities that the cooperative participates in have been canceled due to the virus.
- Information Technology Specialist Allen Casto provided a demonstration of the cooperative’s SmartHub online account management system and provided an update on a meter exchange project occurring in the Rouse and South Olive substation areas.
- The meeting included a brief recess for the 2019 annual meeting, a virtual event broadcast over the co-op’s Facebook page. Following this, the board conducted its annual election of officers: Paul Fleeman, chairman; Brent Smith, vice chairman; Betty Martin, secretary-treasurer; and Gale DePuy, assistant secretary-treasurer.
Washington Electric Cooperative is democratically controlled and governed by local people committed to policies that result in a safe and reliable electric system, fair rates, financial responsibility, and superior member service.
Full board meeting minutes are available upon request.