Washington Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustees met in regular session on March 25 at the co-op’s office in Marietta. The following items were discussed:
- The cooperative’s capital credits estate retirements, monthly safety report, and new member list were reviewed and approved.
- Representatives from the BHM CPA group were present in-person and via zoom to present results of the co-op’s 2020 financial audit. The audit was approved.
- Board members voted to award the bid for the construction of the Lawrence substation to Davis H. Elliott Company.
- Director of Finance and Administration BJ Allen presented the December 2020 financial report, which was approved.
- General Manager Jeff Triplett provided reports on the engineering and operations departments, virtual training opportunities, Covid-19 impacts and actions, and progress on the co-op’s annual goals and initiatives.
- Director of Marketing and Member Services Jennifer Greene reported on the activities of the marketing and member services departments.
- Information Technology Specialist Allen Casto provided a report on the co-op’s information technology and metering projects.
- Director of Safety and Compliance Josh Jump reviewed the co-op’s safety activities.
- Board members watched a video discussion on the board’s role in the audit process. The video is part of an educational board governance series provided by the National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association.
Washington Electric Cooperative is democratically controlled and governed by local people committed to policies that result in a safe and reliable electric system, fair rates, financial responsibility, and superior member service.
The cooperative’s next board meeting is scheduled for 9 a.m. April 22 at Washington Electric’s office at 440 Highland Ridge Road, Marietta.