Washington Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustees met in regular session on Oct. 22, 2020, at the co-op’s office in Marietta. The following items were discussed:
- The cooperative’s capital credits estate retirements, monthly safety report, and new member list were reviewed and approved.
- Director of Finance and Administration BJ Allen presented the August 2020 financial report, which was approved.
- Board members reviewed the preliminary 2021 operating and capital budgets.
- General Manager Jeff Triplett provided reports on the engineering and operations departments, virtual training opportunities, Covid-19 impacts and actions, and progress on the co-op’s annual goals and initiatives. He also presented the cooperative’s key ratio trend analysis report, which was prepared by the National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation. The analysis provides information on how Washington Electric measures in specific financial and operating areas and how it compares to other co-ops across the state and nation.
- Board members approved the hiring of bhm cpa group to perform the co-op’s annual financial audit.
- Director of Marketing and Member Services Jennifer Greene reported on the activities of the marketing and member services departments.
- Information Technology Specialist Allen Casto provided a report on the co-op’s information technology and metering projects.
- Director of Safety and Compliance Josh Jump presented the monthly safety report and described the co-op’s process for job site observations
- Board members watched a video discussion on the board’s role in cybersecurity. The video is part of an educational board governance series provided by the National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association.
Washington Electric Cooperative is democratically controlled and governed by local people committed to policies that result in a safe and reliable electric system, fair rates, financial responsibility, and superior member service.
Full board meeting minutes are available upon request.